Dr. Mixon is a Queer identified, Neurodivergent, Black Female. Her pronouns are She/Her/Hers. She is living her passion within Dr. L. Mixon Psychology Services, and identifies this practice to be her life’s work.
She is committed to social justice, anti-racism, and believes in the power of community. Her leisure interests include yoga, fashion, travel, health/wellness, music, spirituality, art, dance, food and quality time with friends/family. She believes in manifestation and the healing power from within.
She utilizes her practice framework for continual personal and professional development. Dr. Mixon values the complex dynamics of being human and is enamored with clinical psychology and its applications to the legal system.
- Bay Area Black Psychology Association (BAABPsi)
- Bay Area Therapist of Color Network (TOC)
- Gaylesta, The Psychotherapist Association for Gender & Sexual Diversity
- Freedom Community Clinic (FCC)
- Young Women’s Freedom Center